Saturday, September 22, 2012

Cheesy bacon chicken and potatoes in a crockpot

This recipe is awesome.

I adapted it from here - fantastic website. I love the writing style of the author as well as her recipes.

Ingredients:

-Some potatoes (I used two russet potatoes and sliced them into small circular slices and then quartered those)
-Some chicken (I used about 6 strips, but honestly breasts or thighs would work, too. I recommend using a portion that does not have bones)
-1/2 c Ranch dressing
-1/4 c Teriyaki sauce
-A hearty serving of bacon, cooked extra crispy, crumbled
-Enough shredded cheddar to cover the entire concoction

1.Wash and slice the potatoes however you'd like, toss in the bottom of the crockpot.

2. Lay the raw chicken on top

3. In a separate bowl, combine the Ranch and Teriyaki sauce. It's good, trust me. I thought it would be weird but it wasn't. Then pour it over the chicken.

4. You can put the bacon in now, or you can wait until later. It will be less crispy if you add it now, but it will give you the sensation of "hey I just put everything in the crockpot and left it and came home and it was perfection. Sweet." So, whatever suits your fancy.

5. Definitely put some cheese in at the beginning, but I would also maybe just top the finished product with some extra cheese, or throw a bit more in about 30 minutes before serving, especially if you add the bacon later, too. Either way, deliciousness is sure to ensue.

Then you just leave it, because that's the beauty of cooking in a crockpot. It's the typical high for 4-6 hours, low for 8-9 cooking time. Perfect for leftovers.

So the original recipe cited above does not include potatoes, but I'm all about a one-stop shop when it comes to the crockpot.

I can't tell you how delicious it was. I mean, the chicken tenders can be weird to cook stove-top, but they were perfect here. And the weird sauce was just tasty, just plain tasty. The potatoes I thought were perfect thinly sliced, but again, you could do whatever. You could probably even use frozen hashbrowns or maybe even frozen chicken (!!!) but I haven't tried that yet so I am unaware of the effects the extra moisture might have.

Here are some kind of gross pictures because everything is raw. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment